- Look for opportunities and venues to tell their stories.
- Refine their messages. Find new hooks.
- Make contact in person or by phone to stay aware of new activities. Listen. Take notes. Share relevant information that I may have uncovered.
- Monitor each of their channels including websites and social media accounts.
- Post content to the social media accounts and blogs for which I am responsible.
- Keep up with news/trends in their business categories, as well as in mine, via select industry websites and emails.
- Reach out to media outlets and individuals with client information (via alerts/releases, targeted pitches or questions about content needs).
- Utilize Google Alerts and other search tools to find online mentions of clients.
- Monitor local and national media outlets to keep informed of their respective content and styles.
- In the case of food and beverage clients, visit their restaurants, eat their food and drink their beverages.
- Network with others in the PR, marketing and social media biz. Ask questions; offer input.
- Compose marketing emails, keeping in mind that a large percentage will be viewed on a mobile device.
- Share my clients’ stories with friends and associates (who may respond with relevant insight/information).
- Be available to answer calls or respond to voicemails, text messages or emails in a timely manner.
- Keep my clients’ needs a priority in my personal activities, including my own social media content.
I’m sure there are more items I could add to the list, but this, I hope, is a good start.