- That my messages are created with the gatekeeper, reader, listener, viewer and customer in mind. That my and my clients’ agendas can be communicated in a way that will resonate with those to whom they are targeted.
- That people realize there are multiple ways to tell a story. That those who don’t comprehend or embrace newer ways will not dismiss them outright.
- That I stay motivated, energized and curious. That I am told about new things and discover new things on my own.
- That employers hire people more for what they can do, as opposed to rejecting candidates for what they can’t do.
- That I am long on empathy when appropriate and long on patience when necessary.
- That more phone calls are answered by humans instead of automated systems.
- That people are patient and not condescending when I ask them to share their knowledge with me. (Are my children reading this?) And that I am patient and understanding when imparting information to others.
- That political differences are de-emphasized in this year without major statewide and national elections. Let’s focus instead on what we have in common.
- That I continue to meet bright people of all ages who are accomplishing great things on a daily basis. That I continue to be impressed by young people I meet who are smart, personable and hardworking.
- That economic circumstances allow more people to be in “sweet spots” concerning incomes, prices and interest rates, which would generate spending.
Happy New Year!