At Thanksgiving, I am thankful for opportunities. Whether your business year has been good, bad or mediocre, you (and I) have many opportunities to make things better.
1. I am thankful for the opportunity to have my work results judged and measured by my clients (and my prospects), allowing them to see what I have done and can do.
2. I am thankful for the opportunity to work as many hours as necessary to get a particular job done right.
3. I am thankful for the opportunity to employ modern technology, which allows me to communicate quickly via email, text messaging and social media. Technology gives everyone the opportunity to spread his message to the world via the web.
4. I am thankful for opportunities to learn and improve my knowledge, skills and abilities through conferences, webinars and numerous offerings at colleges and universities.
5. I am thankful for the opportunity to reach out to friends and colleagues who are willing and able to offer me general business advice and answer specific questions.
6. I am thankful for the opportunity to participate in organizations that help me learn more about communicating and, in some cases, allow me to hone my craft.
7. I am thankful for the opportunity to work with great clients who work hard to make and keep their businesses successful.
Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful for what you have. It is a time to be thankful, too, for the immense amount of opportunities you and I have to make things better. The next step is to take advantage of these opportunities and turn them into positive outcomes. Happy Thanksgiving!